Naddon EDI is an interchange engine that streamlines the cooperation between suppliers and customers. The use of EDI saves time and reduces errors and costs by replacing manual document handling with electronic interchange of standardized business documents.
Focus can stay on the core business, because Naddon EDI cover the entire trade chain between customer and supplier:
Price catalogue – Request for quotation – Quotation – Purchase order – Order confirmation – Delivery note – Invoice – Credit note – Receipts.
Naddon EDI works with the following formats: EDIFACT, X12, XML, CSV and text.
Attach your own modifications to the standard EDI documents
Naddon EDI handles the standardized inbound and outbound interchange data and transfer it to/from the right fields in Dynamics NAV. It’s a common practice that business partners make their own version of a standardized format. Naddon EDI offers the possibility to configure the interchange to handle this. If it’s not possible to handle the format through configuration, a developer can make a specialized interchange codeunit that can be run by Naddon EDI or customized code can hook on to Naddon EDI interchange logic.
Extend the interchange
to handle more than business documents
Naddon EDI provide an open interchange framework, that give developers the opportunity to extend the interchange engine to handle various interchange task:
- Exchange of commercial documents with customers and suppliers.
- Exchange of product master data, inventory and pick list with storage hotels (3PL).
- Interchange with EDI/VANS operators.
- Internal data interchange with web shops, customer portals, Warehouse Management System (WMS) and Inter Company.
- Integration with Shipping Agents.
- Generating PDF files from EDI files for document workflow solutions.
Naddon EDI have a rich functionality designed for working with EDI in an efficient way:
- All import and export of sales and purchase documents are grouped under one user interface.
- Inbound documents are displayed in a page with header and lines like a standard Dynamics NAV document, which makes them easily accessible and recognizable.
- Inbound documents are validated before they are transferred to Dynamics NAV documents.
- To a large extent, inbound documents can be edited/corrected in draft before they are transferred to Dynamics NAV documents.
- Interchange contracts define which data should be exchanged between customers and suppliers. If the trading partners use different formats, a contract is set up for each format.
- The inbound mapping of customer/supplier/finance/item no. is created automatically the first time a new relation is entered. By stating the internal number in the draft document, the relation is created and used henceforward.
Advanced logging and error handling
- Advanced logging through log entries and file / document entries from imports and exports provide the history and documentation required to trace files and documents.
- Re-exporting/importing and opening/editing of files and documents are managed in a simple and user-friendly way. It is not necessary to manually move files around in the operating system to re-importing them.
- Transparency at all levels makes it easy to see/find/correct any missing mappings in inbound documents. As mappings are created, they are automatically corrected across the documents.
- With the outbound interchange, the standardized format can be modified, so the output is compliant with a specialized format defined by a business partner.